Reimbursement Policy 2020
- Your Local 955 membership must be in good standing at the time the course was booked AND
- You must have been employed by a contributing employer working a minimum of 350 hours within the twelve months prior to course completion.
- If you do not have the minimum working hours, are on a permit or are a new or pending member, the reimbursement will be considered after you have reached the 350 working hours with a contributing employer. The working hours must be met within 6 months of the course completion.
- If you have been expelled or suspended you do not qualify for training reimbursement.
- Course must be taken in Alberta by an APPROVED Provider.
- If re-certifying, the course must be within 6 months of current expiration date.
- Course must be relative to the Operating Engineers.
- Basic courses such as CSTS, PCST, Ground Disturbance, WHMIS and TDG are covered by the fund when taken in accordance with the policy. They are offered online and are free to all qualifying members. Online courses may also be available in the Calgary and Fort McMurray halls.
- Online courses may be provided at no cost to qualifying members, so check with training to be sure or you may not be reimbursed.
- You must try to book courses offered by the Apprenticeship and Education Office before booking with an alternate provider, or you may NOT be reimbursed.
- If you have been Out of Work for more than 90 days and reside within 100kms of Edmonton you must take your training through the hall.
- Third party providers must be pre-approved.
- Courses taken outside the Hall will reduce your annual training allowance.
- If a reimbursement is submitted prior to a “Good Standing” membership status, it will be held for REVIEW until your status changes to GS or you have reached the 350 working hours within the maximum of 6 months from date of completion.
- The annual maximum per member is $750.00. (excludes qualified apprenticeship tuition)
Supporting Documents (must accompany the Member Reimbursement Form)
- Invoice and Proof of Payment (credit card slip, electronic receipt, credit card statement, etc.)
- Successful completion certificate(s)
- Documents must be submitted within 3 months of course completion. Submission date is considered to be the date when ALL required documents are received.
- Apprenticeships must have a letter from Apprenticeship and Industry Training that includes marks.
- Incomplete documentation will be returned.
Cancellations and no-shows
- Cancellation policies are set by the individual training providers. If you no-show for a third party provider course, your training allowance will be charged back for the cost of your seat. After 2 no-shows you may not be eligible for training for 12 months.
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for processing time for all reimbursement requests.
TO ENSURE YOU QUALIFY, CHECK WITH THE APPRENTICESHIP AND EDUCATION OFFICE BEFORE YOU REGISTER.