Health & Wellness Details
The Operating Engineers Local 955 Health & Wellness Trust Fund maintains a benefit plan to support and protect participating Union members and their families. The benefit plan provides benefit plan coverage in the following categories. Please find a printable summary of this information in the OE955 Health and Wellness Plan At-A-Glance PDF, by clicking here.
- Drugs – 80% of prescription drugs to maximum of $15,000 for family, $12,000 per single in any calendar year.
- Dental – Basic & Major procedures (1997 fee guide plus annual percentage increases). Annual maximum of $1,800 (of eligible expenses) will be reimbursed at 90% per person. If your coverage commences after July 1, reimbursement will be restricted to $900 per person, for the remainder of that calendar year.
- Orthodontics – 50% to a lifetime maximum payment of $3500.
- Optical – $300 per person every 24 months; Cost of eye exam.
- Ambulance – 100% of eligible expenses.
-Semi-private in acute care hospital – $24.00 per day.
-Convalescent hospital $20 per day to a maximum of 120 days.
- Psychologist – $1000 per person per year.
- Hearing Aid – $750 every 36 months.
- CPAP Machines – 100% every 5 years to a maximum of $2000. Masks, hoses and replacement supplies $100 every 12 months.
- Orthopedics – $400 per person annually for orthotics; $400 per person annually for orthopedic shoes.
- Services & Supplies – Paramedical practitioners $300 per year based on policy guidelines. Prosthetics, diabetic and ostomy supplies, Oxygen, rental of wheel-chairs and hospital beds to a total maximum of $800 per person in any calendar year. Private duty nursing – $25,000 lifetime maximum.
- Emergency Out of Country Travel Insurance – Coverage for members and their dependents for trips 30 days duration or less, outside Canada to a maximum of $5 million. Insurance card will be mailed directly to member. For more information, please visit the Claimsecure website.You will need to have your online profile set up to view detailed information.
- Life Insurance – Member $150,000; Spouse $5,000, $150,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Additional Life and Critical Illness Insurance – Available to members at preferred rates, for those who wish to have more coverage at their own expense, in addition to the coverage already provided by the group plan. The first $25,000 of life coverage is available without the requirement for medical evidence, incremental up to a maximum of $500,000. Critical Illness coverage is available in increments of $5,000 to a maximum of $150,000. For more information on these options and rates, please contact a Manulife representative by visiting the Manulife website.
- Weekly Indemnity (Short Term Disability) – up to 32 weeks @ $537/week. Disabled own occupation.
- Long Term Disability – Up to twenty-four months own occupation, then to age 65 any occupation. Rehabilitation provisions.
- Retiree Benefits – As members retire, and would no longer be covered under the group health and welfare benefit program once their hour bank runs out, they will now have the option, at their own expense, to obtain personal insurance benefits at preferred rates. Access to this personal benefit option will be extended to members without requiring a waiting period. Members must enroll within 60 days of their group coverage ending. To go to the provider’s website, please click here. The information brochure can be found by clicking here. The program comparison chart can be found by clicking here, and the rates, by province can be found by clicking on the province name below:
Prince Edward Island
Helpful Links and Information